Saturday, November 5, 2011

Home Sweet Home.

This is what my family gets to wake up to... lucky them, I know. 


Want to know why I have my "happy eyes" on - at some God-awful hour in the morning?
Guess what's in that cup. GUESS!

Chocolate Glazed Donut-Flavored Coffee. 
Oh, yeah.

I actually took this picture so I could send it to my fellow coffee-loving friends, Annie and Lisa, to pretty much bribe them to come home with me next time. I'm going through friend withdrawals. 

Nothing that some Apple Pie Oatmeal can't cure! 



Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup of rolled oats
- 2 cups of water
- 1/4 of a chopped honey crisp apple
- 1 serving of sugar-free vanilla pudding
- 2 packets of sweetener
- cinnamon

To make: start with the rolled oats, water, sweetener, and honey crisp apple in a pot on the stove top.  After about 5 minutes, stir in the vanilla pudding (this makes it creamy and thick).  Let it simmer for another minute and enjoy!! Sprinkle some cinnamon in there too :)

So, usually Saturdays are my fun day, run days... but something about being at home makes me want to sit on my butt, eat tons of good food, nap, and not run.

I decided to post-pone my run until after I got some shopping done with my mommma!
Yeah, like shopping is such a huge chore.

Some of my favorite purchases of the day?

Etienne Aigner boots


A knit scarf (Target!):


An ultra-cool cardigan, I forgot the name of the designer:


Another pair of Etienne Aigner black riding boots:


Yeah, I went a little overboard.

I can't help it... My mom is a bad influence (hey, Mom.. I blame you).  Whenever I ask her for her "honest opinion" she says "oh that looks great you need to get it!"... apparently I look great in everything but the kitchen sink.

I was pretty hungry by the time we finished emptying my bank account -- so we stopped at one of my mom's favorite diet-friendly restaurants.  Panda Express. I know, you don't believe it.

I got the Panda Bowl with mixed veggies and Kobari Beef with chili sauce.






So, Panda Express has caught on to the whole healthy-living thing and has begun to serve "wok-friendly" meals under 400 calories!  Basically, you get a panda bowl with some fresh veggies and you choose between 5 or 6 healthy dishes that include Kobari Beef, Chicken and Mushrooms, Black Pepper Chicken... all of which are delicious.

After my meal, I had planned to go for a run, but...
You know how it goes.  You're tired, you're on the couch, running sounds horrible.

So I decided to nap for a bit (curled up in front of the fireplace) and then head out when I felt a little more up to tackling a good run.

PANDA EXPRESS DOESN'T PROVIDE GOOD RUNNING FUEL. I started off and immediately regretted the beef with chili sauce.  My chest was hurting and I thought my food was going to come right back up... for 13.15 miles.  Of course, I had to walk for about 1 mile :( So, it's not as impressive as it sounds.  But other than that, it felt good to get my legs moving again.

I came back and showered (shockerrrr) and started to prep dinner with Mom.
We had Bison filets, grilled butternut squash, sweet potatoes, and roasted veggies on the menu!



The bison filets, which my mom keeps raving about, are amazing! They're 4 oz of ultra-lean beef that are each about 150 calories.

We roasted asparagus, crimini onions, broccoli, carrots and sweet potatoes in the oven with some simple salt and pepper at 410 degrees for about 35 minutes.  Then we wrapped the butternut squash, seasoned with salt, pepper, cinnamon, and maple syrup, in aluminum foil and put it on the grill for about 30 minutes and cooked the filets for about 12 minutes.

Sadly, my stomach was hurting and nothing sounded good.  13 miles with a little panda express reallllyy doesn't work well.  So, I ended up having half a sweet potato and half a filet (I put the rest back on the plate - classy ).

Of course, my appetite came back in time for dessert:

Vanilla, Chocolate, Strawberry Banana, and Apple pie froyo topped with captain crunch, blueberries, oreos, thin mints, marshmallows, almonds, coconut, and a circus animal cookie.


Want to know what I'm doing now?
NOT moving off the couch.

And watching Crazy, Stupid, Love with my mom :) The fireplace is on and I have a cup of tea to warm my soul... life is good.

2 comments:

  1. I so enjoy your site and your recipes. Would you please consider adding a print option so we can enjoy your recipes a little more easily. Thank you. Dark Web Links How to Access the Dark Web Website Traffic Estimator Best Backlink Checker Tools Play Free Games Online

    ReplyDelete
  2. i want to know is all veg dishes ?

    ReplyDelete