Monday, February 13, 2012

Daily Indulgences

Funniest text from Sister this morning:
"Omg a guy just texted me 'Happy Monday!' any person who says such things should be shot"
Anybody want to hop on the I Hate Monday train?? 


I, however, had a great day :) no complaints here!
My morning shift at the gym started at 7:45 so I was up an hour earlier to get my bfast going and the coffee flowing...  but really.  Caffeine is essential.

Breakfast:
Bowl of basic oats with a packet of stevia, a sprinkle of cinnamon, topped with blueberries and bananas.  Guess what was added post-pic?  almond milk!! What else?

My shift was harmless...
However, it started pouring and I had to get about 3 cups of hot tea to stay warm at the front desk.  ALSO, walking home in the rain is always interesting.

I was fueled by a growling stomach... so I ran a bit. No joke. I had a backpack on too -- loser alert.

Lunch:
Lunch was a mix of weird cravings and leftovers.
Before you ask me what is wrong with my sense of sight, taste, and smell... it was delicious.  Let me explain: a bed of warmed spinach topped with feta, roasted broccoli, roasted sweet potatoes, meatless meatballs, ketchup, garlic salt, and greek yogurt. 


Greek yogurt + ketchup = creamy perfection.
I love the ketchup, baby.  LOVE.

Also --- had a Peanut Butter Cookie Luna Bar and some pretzels + pb on the side!

Class & Indulgence #1: 
Exhibit A: Arabic test.
Exhibit B:
Pistachio Creme, Ghiarardeli Chocolate, French Vanilla froyo with almonds, graham crackers, and waffle cone bits. 

Exercise & Indulgence #2:
I have to do a project on "Positions of Power in Everyday Life" and my only power position was... running.  Yeah, I'm predictable. I had to awkwardly ask my roommates to snap pictures of me while I was running along -- we got weird looks from passerby's.


So, back to my second indulgence of the day: running!
I texted one of my coworkers who had asked if I'd be down for running 5 miles to our favorite rock formation - obviously that was an automatic yes!  But, I was feeling antsy so I did a fun 6 miler before meeting up with him.  11 miles of light drizzles and great conversation. 


We even stopped at the gym to do a few pull ups... Casey can do a total of 3/4.  He can do a million.  We're going to work on my pull up ability and I'll master 1 full pull up by the end of the month!

Dinner:
More cravings, sparked by lunch.

A huge pile of spinach (warmed) topped with Brussel sprouts sautéed with turkey bacon, onions, and feta cheese, Meatless Meatballs, and a sweet potato with ketchup + greek yogurt. 


SOOO bomb.  Bacon really is magical.
I'm eating my wait in valentine's day goodies (and it's not even the 14th yet... good job, Casey)

HAPPY MONDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment