Saturday, February 11, 2012

From Miles to Mediterranean

HAPPY SATURDAY!! 
Anybody recovering from a crazy Friday night?? A long run?  A long work week?
Put me down for all of the above!

I had such a fun and excited Friday! But boy am I paying for it this morning -- I just can't seem to get out of bed and wake up (I've eaten both breakfast and lunch in bed!)

Breakfast:
I had one of my favorite breakfasts of ALL TIME!
It involves peanut butter... so.... that explains it all.

Peanut butter jars are a treasure around here but, unfortunately, they don't come around too often (lies, lies... I've gone through two this month).  Instead of filling up the jar with Overnight Oats or Warm Oatmeal.... I went with Trader Joe's Multigrain O's, bananas & blueberries


With each bite that got a bit o' pb leftovers, I swooned.

Workout:
10.5 miles.
Easy.
Hills.
Awkwardly had to run with my sports bra because it was too warm for my long sleeve.
I ran to one of my favorite spots and dedicated the run to Lisa's Grandfather who passed away recently... it was too beautiful not to share it with somebody special.

Lunch & SURPRISES!
I was kind of late getting back from my run so I threw together the quickest lunch I could find... it ended up being the tastiest of my Quinoa Leftovers so far!! 

Sauteed quinoa, turkey bacon, brussel sprouts and feta cheese with garlic salt and pepper. Wow the flavors were amazing.  That feta and bacon combo really stole the show... I also had a Carmel Nut Brownie luna bar.  Those things are da sheeeeit. 

However, I did have a little something special arrive in the mail just in time for Valentine's Day!  My sister's care package - filled with TONS of french chocolates, candies, and cookies from her recent trip to Paris.  And the most amazing card (I love my sister!) AND a Nutella cookbook!!!!
 She threw in an extra valentine - old school style - just for fun!
Honestly, I've been eating these dark chocolate caramels nonstop... don't even get me started with those butter crackers.  SISTERS make the best friends and the best valentines!

Dinner:
Originally, Annie and I were going to head to a great hole-in-the-wall Indian restaurant... but then...
We remembered it was girls date night and we should be sitting outside by the heat lamps, gossiping by candlelight, and getting some seriously good Mediterranean food!


As always, I went with the Middle Eastern Plate, which has a little bit of everything - double salad with a Tomato Basil dressing, Chicken Pomegranate, A Spinach and Cheese Filo roll, a Cinnamon and Raisin chicken film roll, a Levant pinwheel Sandwich, and some fresh fruit, cheese, hummus, and pita!

It looks like a family meal for four...
but I demolished it - as in, no prisoners.

I even had room for...
Molasses Gingersnap ice cream in a homemade waffle cone with a chocolate bottom

Oh, yeah.
Ohhhhh, yeah...

So, my night also included
- a fun trip to Trader Joe's (new almond butter, pb, and cookie purchases were made)
- almost getting a ride home from a really cute stranger (but then... we were responsible and decided not to... worst decision of my life.  It started to rain and we had to wait for the bus)
- a friend's birthday party (dancing, alcohol, the whole 9 yards)
- an impromptu house party (my roommate was walking around taking "shots" of cheese.... oh yeah)
- shenanigans... complete shenanigans.

My body is sore and tired today -- yoga anyone?  Active recovery rest day?!

No comments:

Post a Comment