Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Grilled Sandwiches & Groceries

Well, we've made it to humpday!! Which means were this much closer to an amazing weekend!
Any special plans?
I have a few -- hints: boys, the city, friends, and a possible 20 miler?? 
Does it get any better than that??

The theme of this post is simple: CASEY NEEDS TO GO GROCERY SHOPPING.

Breakfast:
I had limited supplies for breakfast -- cereal was on it's last leg, I ran out of almond milk, and I had a handful of blueberries left. What's a girl to do?


Throw it in a bowl, smother it in greek yogurt and strawberry preserves and call it a day :) 
I discovered my love of Trader Joe Multigrain O's over winter break and I've been hooked ever since!  I love that it's a full serving of whole grains (which helps with my never-ending hunger...) in a cup serving AND its about 110 calories -- which means I can go back for multiple refills. 

Workout:
My workout was a lovely and relaxing 10 miler. 
It was lightly drizzling as I stepped out of my apartment and it was perfect running weather -- I feel like I zone out when it's rainy because I feel all intense.  

Minus the fact that I have to blow my nose in my long sleeves every two steps.  yum

Lunch:
Like I said, continuing with creativity because I'm too lazy to get my butt to the nearest grocery store, I had few options for my midday meal.  

I was craving grilled cheese like no other!! 
So, I spread guacamole and Laughing Cow lite on two pieces of flax and fiber bread and grilled 'er up!  OH MY GOODNESS.  The guac is so warm and creamy -- and the cheese gets all melty.  I swore I was eating the richest sandwich ever, but it was healthy.  that never happens.



Of course I had nanner and crunchy PB on the side
and some hershey's dark chocolate kisses - my latest addiction :)

by the way - does anyone else realize how simply grilling a sandwich totally changes the flavor of the bread??  Or is that just me?

Updates:
School is school.  I'm finally getting used to my schedule and my classes, which is probably a good thing since we're already on week three.

Crew - I realized, as much as I loved it, it wasn't something that I could sustain over a long period without sacrificing the other aspects of my life (i.e. school, friends, work, running...) so, I had to call it quits.  On the plus side, I discovered that I like rowing and I surprisingly like the rowing machines!  New workouts are always fun!

Dinner:
I had work from 2-5:30 at the gym and by the time Lisa met me on my shift, I was starving.
I guess running will do that to ya...

Since all three of us (Annie joined!) needed to go grocery shopping - as you know - we stopped for dinner before heading to Trader Joe's.  It was an easy choice:

INDIAN FOOD!
I went with my favorite: Vegan Aloo Gobi with Roti (sans butter).



Asking for this dish vegan - even though it's typically a vegan dish - means that they don't add in any extra butter or cream (which oddly enough has happened before), so it's a good way to eat indian food without falling into a coma... which I have a tendency to do as soon as "chicken tikka masala" crosses my mind. 

Anyways -- T.Joes was a success. 
2 boxes of cookies have already been enjoyed...
as well as some crunchy peanut butter and dark chocolate. 

I have some exciting meals planned for this week!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment