Thursday, February 16, 2012

Valentine's Day & Working Non-Stop!

Happy Thursday, everybody!
I'm sorry I didn't fill you in on my valentine-less week -- I've been at work! (perfect excuse as to why I didn't have a date on the "big day"... I was working. That's legitimate, right?)

Rather than give you a play-by-play of my random eats, I thought I'd give you some pictures of the past two days and a new pancake recipe that I'm loving!

The Valentine's Day outfit: my attempt to look like a female for once... instead of rocking sweatpants and running shoes to class.

A box of vegan cinnamon rolls that awaited my arrival at work on V-day: Macadamia Nut, Smores, Coconut, and Honey Bun. Yeah, they were demolished before my shift was over


I've had to grab dinner out on both Tuesday and Wednesday night, thanks to my awkward working schedule that leaves me 30 minutes between class and my shift at the gym...

Valentine's day dinner was a MASSIVE salad from SF Soup Co.
I also order a Greek Salad but I make weird substitutions: Beets, Kalamata Olives, Roasted Red Peppers, Croutons, Jicama, Chopped Romaine, Low-fat Vinaigrette, and I add Grilled Chicken!


I also enjoyed a Carmel Nut Brownie Luna Bar for my chocolate fix (x2 on Vday! One was my snack.. gotta celebrate the holiday with chocolate, right?)

-------------------------------------------------------------
WEDNESDAY -- THE MORNING AFTER!


Workout: 10 mile run.  It was a hard run, mentally.  I took Tuesday off and I swear my legs forget how to move after a rest day... I had to push myself.

I woke up starving... probably because I'm always hungry sooo that's actually not a surprise.
Cereal and oatmeal weren't going to cut it.
Pancakes... I woke up and all I wanted were those fluffy, carbs smothered in maple syrup.

Usually, I make my Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancake -- easy and delicious.
But today, I tried out a new recipe, inspired by CCK's millions of dense pancake recipes!


Thick and Delicious Blueberry Pancakes.

Ingredients:
-1/3 cup of flour (I typically use whole wheat)
- 2 tbsp of rolled oats
- 1/2 teas of baking powder
- smudge of salt
- 2 packets of stevia (or sweetener of choice)
- 1/3 cup of liquid (I used almond milk)
- a handful of blueberries
- add ins: maple extract & pumpkin spice. (optional!)

Directions: Mix together your dry ingredients before adding in your liquid.  The batter should be thick!  Yields 3-5 pancakes, depending on how big you make 'em!

Yummmmmy huh?
They were as good as they looked! Maybe even better...

I think I found a new obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment